Japanese Green Tea (Matcha) Macarons: A Recipe for These Delicious, Light, and Crunchy Sweet Treats that Perfectly Blend Western Technique with Eastern Flavors
Please check out this video showing how to make Matcha Macarons by my good friend Yi from Yi Reservations.
- 130 g or 1 cup powdered sugar
- 80 g, or 0.8 cup, of quality almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder, such as the one from the Japanese Green Tea Company
- Egg whites from two large eggs or 60 grams of pure egg white
- 33g or 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- Half a teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, room temperature or softened
- Half a cup of powdered sugar
- Zest from half of a lemon
- Lemon juice from half a lemon (you can replace this with yuzu juice too)
Matcha & Matcha Macaron Photos
Here are photos of Matcha and Matcha macarons that Yi took. Aren't they beautiful?
How to Make Matcha Latte Art
Here is a cut from the above video for how to make matcha latte art. Isn't it cool? I was able to do this myself by watching this video. :)
How to make matcha latte art by @yi_reservation Beautifully done! #JapaneseGreenTeaCo #greenTeaMania #matchalatteart #matchalatte #latteart #matcha #matchalover #matchamoment #matchagreenteaPosted by Japanese Green Tea Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2020
About The Author
Yi - Founder, Chef and Editor at YiReservation.com
Yi Reservation is a Blog and YouTube Channel where Yi shares authentic Chinese recipes from his New York City kitchen. Since 2011, YiReservation.com has been sharing authentic Chinese recipes with easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
With more than 550K followers and counting, Yi has been innovating his passion for the world of cuisine on his popular YouTube channel.