On October 8 2019, Global Tea Championship announced that Japanese Green Tea Company won a Silver Medal for the Steamed Green Tea Category.
Issaku Sencha Green Tea, the signature product from Japanese Green Tea Company, Won Global Tea Championship in 2017 as well making this tea to be the two-time winner for the Global Tea Champion.
Last Year, Japanese Green Tea Company's Matcha won the Championship.
This makes the company to win the Championship 3 years in a row.
Our tea has received numerous awards. Here are list of notable awards received.
- 2020 - #1 Best Selling Green Tea in 5 categories (tea bag, Japanese tea, Shizuoka tea, deep steam tea, Yabukita tea) among 100,000 items on Rakuten Inc. (Rakuten Inc. is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and ranks #14 in the world for online sales volume)
- 2019 - FoodEX Japan 2019 (美食女子 Award 2019) - Our Diet Pu-erh tea won the Gold under the drink category
- 2019, 2017, 2016 - #1 Best-Selling Green Tea in Japan Online through Rakuten Inc. (Rakuten Inc. is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and ranks #14 in the world for online sales volume)
- 2010, 1979, 1975, 1974 – National Best Tea Award by Japan Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (農林水産大臣賞)
- 2009 - Shizuoka Furusato Prize - 1st (しずおかふるさと食品コンクール 静岡県知事賞（最優秀賞）受賞)
- 1972 - National quality of tea award (全国茶品評会県知事賞受賞)
- 1971 - National tea award (全国茶業大会県知事賞受賞 )
- Certified Member of AVPA
The Agency for the Valorization of Agricultural Products, AVPA, is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, mainly composed of producers and taste enthusiasts. The association's goal is to enhance the value of agricultural products and to recognize the excellence of certain producers too often forgotten in the midst of mass marketing.
- GIAHS (Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems) by The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization
To bring the best dirt, our farm uses the "Chagusaba Method". This method was officially designated as GIAHS (Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems) by The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization in May 2013. We are registered as #1 practitioners for using this method.
Would you like to try the Winning Tea?
Here are the list of products that won the championship.